GIVE EVERY MONTH ‘GEM’ PROGRAM
What is the GEM Program?
The GEM Program has been created to celebrate and grow the special community of people (existing and new) who are giving on a monthly basis to the shelter. This program is a collaboration with Turramurra & Lindfield Community Bank.
Thanks to Turramurra & Lindfield Community Bank, all new GEM supporters will have their first month’s donation MATCHED. Dollar for dollar.
As a GEM, you become part of the HKWS family. You’ll receive unique updates from the shelter throughout the year and information about exclusive events.
Every year, you’ll climb our GEM ladder from Ruby (1 year of giving) through to Diamond (6+ years of giving). At each stage of your journey, we’d like to say THANK YOU for being a GEM.
How do I become a GEM?
Here’s how your monthly gift can help:
- A monthly donation of $100 over one year can provide a week of safety and support for a woman and her children
- A monthly donation of $80 over one year can provide 9 women with crisis housing for the night
- A monthly donation of $60 over one year can provide 10 women with caseworker support at court
- A monthly donation of $40 over one year can provide additional outreach hours to help a woman move towards financial independence and empowerment
- A monthly donation of $20 over one year can help 12 women get access to education
GEMs are the backbone of the HKWS family – providing regular, sustainable income that we can rely on. They are kind, compassionate and committed to helping women and children in our community who are escaping domestic abuse and homelessness.
As a GEM, what impact will I have?
Supporting women and children
By becoming a GEM, you are supporting our shelter and empowering women to create a better future. Thank you.
Providing sustainable income for the shelter
GEMs are the backbone of HKWS, providing regular, sustainable income that we can rely on.
Spreading awareness in the community
By becoming a GEM, you will inspire others in our community to do the same. Together, we can share our common vision to support women and children experiencing domestic abuse and make a lasting impact.
Interested in becoming a Corporate GEM?
As well as individual GEMs, we are welcoming Corporate GEMs to the program. If you have business, or are part of a workplace, that is interested in supporting the shelter in this regular and impactful way, please get in touch with our team today at ua.gro.swkh@eciffo